Click To Show Or Hide The Open Class Menu
Mille Lacs County Fair 2017 Open Class Exhibitor Handbook
- Read the regulations lower on this page
- Exhibition of Livestock in MN: 2017 Requirements - read here
- Register Here
Open Class Building - Hours Added
|Wednesday Judging||7:30 am - 2 pm building closed to public|
|Wednesday||2 pm - 9 pm|
|Thursday||9 am - 9 pm|
|Friday||9 am - 9 pm|
|Saturday||9 am - 9 pm|
|Sunday||9 am - 5 pm|
*Master Gardner's will be answering question in the Open Class Building:
|August 9th||2:30 pm to 6:00 pm|
|August 10th||11:00 am to 9:00 pm|
|August 11th||11:00 am to 9:00 pm|
|August 12th||11:00 am to 9:00 pm|
|August 13th||11:00 am to 4:00 pm|
OPEN CLASS EXHIBITORS HANDBOOK - GENERAL REGULATIONS
1. Please preregister completing with the entry form online by August 5, 2017. If you have questions, call the Superintendent of the division you are entering.
2. Bring entries in on entry day August 8 between the hours of 2 - 7 pm, ONLY. No entries will be accepted on Wednesday August 9, 2017. Judging will begin at 7:30 am on August 9, 2017 and exhibits need to be picked up after 5 pm August 13th, 2017 to 11 am August 14th, 2017.
3. Entries are open to anyone whose exhibits represent a recreational hobby and are not used as a means of livelihood. All work must be done by the exhibitor.
4. Each exhibitor may have only one entry in each lot, except Division 5 (Homemade Wines), "Not specified" in the premium list, means that there is no lot that the exhitbit fits into within the Division and Class.
5. All entries must be recorded and numbered by the Fair Management computer system. Tags will be issued which must be attached to the article or stall and remain during the fair or premium is forfeited.
6. Exhibitors from adjoining counties may compete for premiums.
7. Exhibitors will give necessary personal attention to their exhibits, and at the close of the fair, take charge of same. The Mille Lacs County Agricultural Society will endeavor to prevent loss or damage to all exhibits but will not be responsible for any such loss or damage that may occur.
8. For sale signs may not be put on open class exhibits.
9. Articles not categorized for judging may be displayed upon approval of the Society Secretary. A request may be made to the board of directors to make provisions for additional classes or lots in succeeding years.
10. If the appropriation to pay premiums is insufficient, the board of directors reserves the right to prorate such premiums.
11. Police and a night watchman will be provided; but the Society will not be responsible for damage by water, fire, theft, or otherwise.
12. Inquiries as to terms and applications for space rentals must be made to the Society Secretary at 763-389-3138.
13. Permission for soliciting or campaigning on the grounds, the posting or distribution of cards, flyers, advertising and etc., must be arranged with the Society Secretary and must be confined to a booth.
14. No pets or livestock allowed in open class or commercial buildings.
15. NO DOMESTIC ANIMALS OR NO PETS ALLOWED EXCEPT WORKING SERVICE ANIMIALS.
16. The Mille Lacs County Agricultural Society reserves to its Board of Directors the final and absolute right to interpret these regulations and settle all questions or differences arising therefrom.
17. Any person or group that conducts a protest action must limit its activity to the location designated by the fair board. The designated location is outside the southwest gate by First Street and the Fairground property. No entrances or exits can be obstructed or limited in any way.
1. The awards shall be designated by ribbons as follows:
- First Premium . . . . . . . . . . Blue Ribbon
- Second Premium . . . . . . . . Red Ribbon
- Third Premium . . . . . . . . . .White Ribbon
2. Decisions of the judging committee will be final.
3. Special premiums may be offered by interested persons for entries, which conform to the general classification of the fair association.
4. No premiums awarded unless article has been judged by official judge.
5. Grand champion and reserve champion ribbons may be given in each division.
6. Special awards sponsored by Red Star Yeast will be awarded in the culinary division.
Open Class Beef & Dairy Show August 13th, 2017 at 11:00 am
Please enter all animals online, August 10th through 12th, 2017
Open Class Showmanship Fun Show
Sunday, August 13th, 2017 at 10:00 am
For $5.00 nominate a friend to show any livestock species in the fun show. To decline a nomination, you must nominate 2 other people at a cost of $2.50 each ($5.00 total). Funds go toward fair livestock barn improvements.
All animals must be inspected by Fair board Livestock Committee before unloading. A copy of the health certificate must be provided for the Fair board to keep for their records. Animals will then be examined by an official veterinarian on opening day and daily during exhibition. Animals not complying with health requirements, improperly registered, etc., as well as animals showing signs of any infections or communicable disease will be sent home for everyone’s protection.
A statement from a veterinarian that an animal is being treated for these diseases is not acceptable. This includes livestock with warts and ringworm.
Arrangements for testing 4-H animals may be made through the Mille Lacs County Extension office. Members and leaders will be notified beforehand. Requests MUST BE MADE for testing.
The following are HEALTH REQUIREMENTS BY TYPE OF ANIMAL FOR THOSE ORIGINATING IN MINNESOTA. If your animal originates from another state, check with your veterinarian. All animals must follow these Minnesota Board of Animal Health Rules.
Livestock and poultry entered in a petting exhibit are not exempt from the exhibition rules if the animals are from more than one farm or there are other animals at the exhibits.
- CATTLE - No warts or ringworm
- HORSES - Coggins Disease Test is required by Fair board in accordance with Minnesota Board of Animal Health Rules.
- RABBITS - No specific requirements.
- SWINE - No specific requirements.
- POULTRY - (Originating from Minnesota) except waterfowl and pigeons
- Identified by leg or wing band
- Negative pullorum - typhoid test within 90 days or record of origin from a flock tested negative within the last 12 months.
- Turkeys must be tested at a laboratory for typhimurium and mycoplasmas or have a statement of origin if less than 6 months old.
- DOGS - Dogs over 4 months of age shall be accompanied by a certificate of rabies vaccination issued by a licensed veterinarian. Must be currently recognized certified