The 2017 Talent Show is at 5pm on the stage. Watch and listen to the local talents of the area and cheer them on as they perform for us. Come see who will represent Mille Lacs County at the Minnesota State Fair!
• Saturday, August 12 @ 5pm in the band shell.
Performers must be at the 4:45 orientation
• $10 entry fee that will be refunded after performing in the talent contest
|Division||1st Place||2nd Place|
This award has been designed to recognize someone who has given their time, talent, and resources to benefit their local community. This person has made a positive impact on others and is inspired to continuously give back using their talents. They have stood out by demonstrating an active and passionate commitment to their community.
To be considered for this award the Contestant needs to submit a typed document (no more than 500 words) with their entry form. The winner of each Talent Show category may not necessarily be the winner of the InSPIRE awards.
The InSPIRE award prizes:
$125 for open division
Sponsored by Spire Credit Union.
Talent Contest Regulations:
Only one winner from each division will be eligible to compete at the State Fair competition. State Fair entry fee will be paid for by Mille Lacs County Fair. State Fair contestants will be competing for over $3,200 in cash prizes.
To give everyone an equal chance, those that have been first place winners in the past two years will not be eligible for first place this year at our fair.
If you have won first place this year at another county fair talent competition you are also ineligible at our fair.
A NOTE FROM THE JUDGES TO THE CONTESTANTS
To those who are entering the talent contest we encourage you to read a few do's and don’ts listed below to help elevate your performance at this year’s county fair
The contest will be judged on performance, content, stage presence, audience appeal, song selection, and pure talent of course.
We hope to have a record number of contestants, so we strongly encourage you to please sign up and tell your friends to do the same. There will be a professional stage and sound system, and audio technician provided to all contestants. Yes, it takes nerve to perform in front of a live audience, but you may be the next big superstar, and this is how most of them got started. C'mon...roll up your sleeves and get in!
1. Rehearse your act thoroughly from start to finish. You'll be more relaxed onstage if you do. This isn't karaoke, it is a competition. Be in it to win it. Practice! Practice!
2. Entertain us with your wardrobe. Make it part of your act. It doesn't take much.
3. Originality is a plus. Pick songs that are off the beaten path and not the latest hits. Good happy songs tend to work better at county fairs than good sad songs. Just sayin’.
4. Be sure all instruments are in tune, and equipment is working properly.
5. Move around a bit. Use the whole stage if you're the singer.
6. Have fun. Smile a few times. Gesture. Look at your audience right, left, and center.
7. Enter and exit the stage with a bit of flair. We like that. Its show biz.
1. Don’t sing off key . This is important. Record yourself at home and listen. Be honest. Try a different song if you or a singing partner are having trouble with pitch.
2. Don't read sheet music or lyrics while performing. It shows you are not rehearsed.
3. Don't pick a song that is out of your vocal range. Can you hit the high notes on pitch?
4. Don't stop performing if something technical goes wrong. Just smile and do your best to keep going. The judges will understand. It happens to professionals too.
5. Don't use controversial content in your act. This is not the place for it.
6. Don't be afraid to sign up. Don't think you can’t win. Your chances are as good as anyone else. We want you to show your talent. Put an act together and Let’s go!
7. Don't be discouraged if you are not chosen as the winners. Deciding who gets 1st or 2nd place is often a very close call. We just love that you tried.