Thursday at 6:00 pm in the Grandstand. Sponsored by Midwest Machinery Co.
Spectator Fees: includes taxes
Age 15 or older $10
Seniors & ages 7 - 14 $8
Ages 6 or under free
Grandstand events may be cancelled, postponed, or rescheduled due to unsafe weather or poor track conditions. A decision to cancel an event will be made no later than two hours prior to the event; cancellations will be posted to Facebook and the Fair website. Participants in a grandstand event will be called regarding the cancellation.
Mille Lacs County Fair Tractor Pull Rules
The Tractor Pull will not be rescheduled. Refunds will be sent to Drivers who did not pull. No refunds to spectators or pit crews. Thanks for your cooperation.
Ages up to and including age 17 must have a waiver signed by parents or legal guardian.
1. Sportsmanship Rule: Un-sportsman like conduct will not be tolerated. It will result in a suspension of a year and one day.
2. Contest is governed by the judges, with all the judge's decisions final. Judges have the right to stop and disqualify participants at any time. Judges may examine any part of entered tractor. If disqualified your entry fee will not be refunded.
3. Entry fee includes driver and tractor.
4. The use of alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs is not permitted in the pit area at any time.
5. All under age drivers must have a parent's written permission. Parents assume all responsibility, subject to official’s decisions.
6. One hook per tractor, no adding weights to hook in another class with the same tractor. No first re-pull option.
7. All weight classes are with the driver and allow no extra weight.
8. Only one type of fuel per tractor.
9. Operator must remain seated during entire pull and have full control of the tractor at all times.
10. You can only protest another tractor and driver if they are in the class you pull in. Protest must be entered before the next class. Protest fee may apply.
11. All tractor engines must have kill switch within reach of driver.
12. If any parts or equipment fall off the tractor during the pull it will be disqualified.
13. All tractors must have working rear brakes.
14. Tractor must remain within the boundaries of the track for the length of the pull.
15. All engine fans must be factory or shrouded steel 1/16" or thicker. All transmissions and clutch housings covered. All turbo not under a hood must be completely shrouded except for an inlet and exhaust pipe 1/16" or thicker.
16. No part of the tractor may interfere with the sled during the pull. Front weights and support frame must be a maximum 11' from center of rear axle. Weights must be safely secured and may not be on the three -point arms.
17. All exhausts must be factory or discharged vertically above the tractor, no rain caps or curved exhaust pipes on hobby or open.
18. All classes will use standard drawbar rules. Minimum drawbar length of 18" from the center of the rear wheel to the point of hook measured horizontally. Drawbar must be stationary in all directions. There is a maximum height of 20" from the hitching points parallel to the ground. Pull point may not be more than 1 1/2" from the back edge of hitching device. No bracing drawbar to the three -point top link.
19. Dual tires are allowed in farm stock only and must meet proper size requirements. They must be securely fastened with a minimum of 6 bolts.
20. Tractor may downshift during the pull provided the forward motion of the sled is continued. The use of torques, amplifiers, and power shifts is permitted.
21. In antique and farm stock the top three pullers may have their RPM's checked at the end of the track (if they are protested). Driver must remain with the tractor.
22. Antique and farm stock classes must have working PTO unless factory equipped without. Tractors must have factory stock top cover, seat assembly, fuel tank, hood and nose.
23. Antique and farm stock throttles must be against throttle stop at max RPM's.
24. All tractors must have rear fenders and floor plates.
Tractor Pullers of East Central Minnesota Rules
Mille Lacs County Fair Classes
WEIGHT CLASSES: 4500, 6500.
Speed limit - 6 mph
Maximum Tire - 16.9 x 38
4500 - 6500 class tractors must be 1950 or older, factory stock Motor, carburetor or injection pump and drive train for that make and model. No block spacers. Governors required. RPM's checked at random.
WEIGHT CLASSES: Non Turbo 3750, 5000, 7000, 9000, 10000 Turbo, 10000 NonTurbo, 12000, 16500, 18000
Factory appearing or stock replacement block, carburetor, injec tor pump, front end, and drive train for that make and model. Allis WC & WD can run D17 block. All tractors must have fenders and floor plate.
*10000 factory turbo, 3LM, or factory add on turbos (such as 4020 or 966 with turbo). Tractor must have a factory wide front. 10000 and up factory replacement turbo, exhaust and intake must hookup with no modification. No block spacers, Governor required. Maximum 3000 RPM for all Turbo.
Speed limit for 3750, 5000, 7000 & 9000: 6 mph, 10000 turbo: no speed limit, for 12000 and up: no speed limit. 3750 & 5000 maximum tire size: 16.9 -38, for 7000-10000 turbo maximum tire size: 18.4-38, 12000 and up no size limit. 11,000 HOBBY
Roll over protection and dead man throttle required. Wide front minimum of 60" 3x4 turbo allowed.
Cut tires allowed. One fuel only (gas, propane, diesel fuel -no nitrous or oxidizers). Quick releasing side panels removable for inspection required. Fuel shutoff between pump and fuel filters.
OPEN: WEIGHT CLASSES 7500, 9000
Must have safety blanket on clutch and fly wheel. Wheelie bars required. Must have break away switch and second emergency shut off within reach of driver. Factory appearing block. Exhaust pipe must be cross - bolted. Front dampener covered.
Wide front must tack within rear wheels.
9000 one turbo (any size) only.
Helmet and Firesuit are MANDATORY.