Sunday at 1:00 pm in the Grandstand
• $25 to pull
• Entry form: Click here
Spectator Fees: includes taxes
Age 15 or older $10
Seniors & ages 7 - 14 $8
Ages 6 or under free
Grandstand events may be cancelled, postponed, or rescheduled due to unsafe weather or poor track conditions. A decision to cancel an event will be made no later than two hours prior to the event; cancellations will be posted to Facebook and the Fair website. Participants in a grandstand event will be called regarding the cancellation.
Truck Pull, General Rules
1. No consumption of alcohol by drivers will be allowed before and during the pull. Anyone caught will be disqualified.
2. All drivers will pull at their own risk. The Mille Lacs County Agricultural Society is not responsible for breakage of equipment or accident or injury.
3. Minors must have consent from a parent or guardian.
4. Loss of weight, hitch or anything that would cause a safety issue during pulling will result in disqualification.
5. Truck and sled must stay within the boundaries of the track. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
6. All pullers may only have a second attempt, provided they stop before 100 feet.
7. Judge’s decisions are final. Failure to obey track officials will result in an automatic disqualification, NO EXCEPTIONS. Tech inspectors will make final decisions at tech inspection time.
8. Trucks must be operated in a safe manner at all times. No chain jerking or hot-rodding allowed. Drivers operating in an unsafe manner in the judge’s opinion will receive one verbal warning; a second will result in disqualification.
9. All trucks must be in neutral or park when being hooked or unhooked; place your hands in the air while being hooked.
10. Weights or weight bracket must not exceed 60 inches from center of axle.
11. Hitch must be frame mounted only. No trick or floating hitches. Hitch must be rigid or solid in all directions at all times. All pullers must furnish their own clevis or 3 inch wide X 3.7 inch deep hole. The 3 inch wide by 3.7 inch opening must be horizontal to the ground. No vertical hitches.
12. Tires must be DOT approved, except in open class.
13. If changes are made after inspection, the puller will be disqualified.
14. Class jumping is to be determined by the Mille Lacs County Agricultural Society. If the Society allows class jumping, the puller and truck must meet all of the rules of the class being jumped to.
15. Truck must pull in assigned position within three minutes, or be subject to disqualification. Judges may reposition the puller and truck as needed.
16. Any one puller or their associate interfering with the performance of another pulling vehicle will be disqualified and barred from the track.
17. You pull as you weigh. No rearranging of weights or other adjustments can be made after weigh-in.
18. Sipeing of tires allowed. No grooving, grinding, sharpening, or removal of rubber allowed, except in open class.
19. Pullers must be on site and inspected before pulling begins in their class. Once a class has started pullers cannot sign up to pull in it.
20. Nitrous is prohibited in all classes.
21. Trucks must pull in the assigned pulling order which will be established by when the puller registered for the pull. No changing positions after the pull starts unless there is a mechanical failure that is approved by the Society.
22. Electronic traction control devices are prohibited in all classes.
Truck Pull Protest Rules
1. Protest procedure may be omitted by event promoter or by club if it is a points pull.
2. Protest fee to be paid upon presenting protest to a pull official. Protest fee is $100.00 or as set by event promoter.
3. Protest shall be presented to a pull official or at the announcer’s stand within five (5) minutes of the end of the class.
4. Two (2) specific items can be inspected by the tech. official per protest. Items include, but not limited to:
- a. CID pump test
- b. Re-weighing
- c. Re-measuring hitch or other vehicle specification.
- d. Safety equipment
- e. Other
5. Protested party that fails to make the vehicle available or refuses to allow inspection is considered an illegal vehicle.
6. Competitor whose vehicle is found to be illegal will be disqualified from the class and the competitor forfeits any winnings for the class. Protest fee shall be returned to the protestor.
7. Competitor whose vehicle is found to be legal shall keep their winnings and be paid 100% of the protest fee.
8. First offense will be disqualified for the day and lose points and prize money for the eventand will not be able to pull until truck is legal. Can't be used as one of the drop hooks for points.